Marmot Basin is just 20 minutes from the town of Jasper and surrounded by the UNESCO World Heritage listed Rocky Mountains Park. Here, along with over 1,500 acres of terrain to explore on skis or a board, you’ll find plenty of natural wonders to appreciate. Winter is the off-season in Jasper, which makes the town a peaceful place to stay at this time of year. Accommodation ranges from budget to luxury with mountain lodges, rustic cabins, motels and hotels to choose from. Enquire now for Jasper packages, plus special reduced airfares to Canada with Qantas through Travelplan. Hurry, offer won't last - book by 7th May 2024. 


Beginner 30%
Intermediate 30%
Advanced/Expert 40%

At a Glance

Terrain Area




Mt. Vertical






Food & Bars


Jasper Accommodation

Marmot Basin has no accommodation on the mountain, so you’ll need to stay in the nearby town of Jasper. The good news is that winter is the 'off-season' here, which makes accommodation, dining, and activities more affordable. Choose from luxurious mountain lodges, rustic cabins and motels or check into a hotel if you’re looking for a more affordable option. All the accommodation is within the main town and easy walking distance from restaurants, bars, grocery stores and shops. Marmot Basin is a 20 minute drive from the town of Jasper. If you don’t hire a car, take advantage of the daily shuttle service between Jasper hotels and the mountain

Skiing & Boarding

At over 1700m, Marmot Basin has the highest base elevation of all Canada’s ski resorts. It’s also one of the least crowded ski areas of its size in all of North America yet supported by an ultra-modern lift system that moves 12,150 riders every hour. That means you’re guaranteed to make the most of Marmot Basin’s long lasting 100% natural dry Rocky Mountain powder. There’s plenty to explore at Marmot Basin, both above and below the tree line – from open alpine bowls and chutes to tree runs, wide groomed slopes and a great magic carpet area for beginners. Over 60% of Marmot Basin’s 1,500 acres caters to beginners and intermediates. That leaves a massive 40% of the terrain dedicated to challenging advanced and expert skiers and boarders. If you’re feeling adventurous, take a hike to the top of Marmot Peak where you’ll experience some mind blowing fresh turns as you head back to the resort.


As the gateway to the Jasper National Park and with the Rocky Mountains on its doorstep, there’s plenty to explore in Jasper – from frozen rapids, waterfalls and wildlife to dog sled tours, snow-shoeing and ice-skating. You’ll also find local museums and an aquatics centre, as well as a selection of restaurants and bars. Being the off season, dining out is more affordable at this time of year, making it perfect for families in particular.

Getting There & Around

Jasper and Marmot Basin are situated 370 km west of Edmonton and 404 km northwest of Calgary. Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is the gateway to Jasper and the closest international airport. Both Edmonton and Calgary International Airport provide convenient access to the Canadian Rockies.

How Far

Calgary Airport 404km

4.5 hour Bus or Drive

Our staff love...

Marmot Basin, located in the stunning Jasper National Park, offers an authentic and affordable Canadian Rockies mountain experience. It boasts light and dry snow, a great variety of terrain and non-existent lift lines.

Tired of searching? Speak to a friendly snow specialist 1300 Ski Ski

Hotels in Jasper

Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Luxurious hotel in the Grand Canadian Lodge style. Beautiful village of cedar chalets and log cabins as well as superbly appointed guestrooms and suites. Onsite pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, spa and fitness centre, restaurants, coffee shop, lounge bar, pool table, games room. Hotel shuttle to lift base.

Amazing holidays at amazing prices

Speak to a friendly snow travel specialist now.